Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Techno savvy I am not

Ok, apparently someone has to teach me how to properly pre-post on here because I had last week's Frugal Friday all ready to go and do you see it? Because I don't see it. Floating out in blogland I suppose. SO sorry about that! I have been so busy I haven't even had a minute to check it to make sure it actually posted and then blogger was down. Now it will soon be Friday again so how about we call a do over for last Friday, cut our losses and just have some scrapbooking fun? A couple of things I have been working on lately and I never did give you the Cliffs Notes on Camp Croppin'!


We started out at *almost* the crack of dawn on the Camp Croppin' weekend with a van full of crazy women and Flat Amanda of course. To view her crazy antics click HERE. It all started with our good friend Amanda not being able to attend CC due to chemo. So we printed her out, glued her to a stick and took her on the best trip she never had. LOL It was great fun with lots of laughs and even more ugly crying than one person can handle. Thanks a lot Riley. Speaking of said "ugly cry starter" Barb took the journaling prize for the second year in a row! It was so exciting until they asked her to read one of her enteries and then the flood gates broke open. There is video of it somewhere. I am sure our snot bubbles are on Youtube by now. Fabulous. I was so pleased to follow in Barb's footsteps by taking my second prize in as many years pulling a 3rd overall with this layout:

I really love the details on this one...I glued tiny individual rhinestones to the border of her hat because that's how it is in real life. I loooove fine details like that! The rose in the corner was a technique that Tim Holtz did on his blog for the 12 tags of Christmas but of course it is not a new idea. I used old sacking and crocheted lace and sprayed both that and the rose with multiple layers of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. Actaully, there isn't a thing on the layout that made it out glimmer-free! The title letters and hearts are sprayed too. And the journaling spot. It is just so versatile. The whole layout has this soft, feminine shimmer to it that is very much like Amy's personality. She just shines.
It's really nice to do a girly layout every once in a while as I tend to dominate the all boy-all the time category! A simple fireman layout of some friends of ours:
The grey background is really grungy...the photo of course does not do it justice. I used lots of black ink and gobs of Rock Candy crackle paint. It creates wonderful texture. I made the ladder myself by snipping apart those giant metal clippy things that hold together thick stacks of paper. Clippy things of course being the technical term. Found the amazing vintage buttons at a rummage sale.

A bit of sewing on this one...I {heart} my sewing machine! Just a few simple buttons and chipboard stars to add to the Stampin' Up notebook punch because the journaling was really the focus here.
I have SO much going on right now...how about a 100 project pledge? A little exciting scrapbooking news! And an event that is NOT to be missed! Registration opens tomorrow for Sask Scraps. Are you IN?!