Monday, October 29, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
First you need a bush pie maker. Cast iron is the best. It's like a camp fire version of a sandwich maker. You can do ham & cheese, pizza, any pie filling, etc but the Pudgy Pie is hands down my fave. Butter the outsides of the bread, place into the bush pie maker butter side down. Now spread a generous amount of peanut butter on the inside. We have a double pie maker so it saves a lot of time and arguing over who gets the first one. They are a bit more expensive but trust me, it's a sound investment.
Put some squares of chocolate on top of that and then balance your marshmallows on top of that. Then drizzle caramel sauce all over everything. Drooling yet? Now butter more bread and put it on top butter side up. That keeps it from sticking.
Now here's where it gets tricky. Close the contraption so everything squishes together but try not to lose any of the good stuff. Now place it on a cozy camp fire for a few minutes. Make sure you stand there and turn it every so often and you have to open it to see how close you are to golden brown perfection. And if it's dark out, you need a good friend to hold a flashlight for you while you open it and check. Thanks Megan. Love ya baby.
And thus, the pudgy pie comes to life. It is 100% essential that you eat it on a chilly Canadian evening with a mug of hot chocolate. Enjoy! And if you have already heard of the bush pie maker...give a shout out and tell me what your favourite recipe is for using this brilliant invention. I have a feeling we have one more pudgy pie picnic in us before the snow falls. Oh I hope. :0)
Friday, October 19, 2007
* My darling little son turned 3 and we had a HUGE birthday bash for him. 14 little kids...I am certifiable insane!
* I had my 5th wedding anniversary
* My kids scrapbook class is starting
* Leica Forrest donated so many scrap supplies to the class I had to store some of them at my in laws!
* I was sorely disappointed about missing the Canada's Scrapbooking Crop for Kids in Edmonton last weekend
* I was asked to be on a store design team (website launches soon!)
* December will bring BIG scrapbooking news (but it's a secret until then!)
* I'm pregnant
* I got a great haircut at my sister's salon (nothing drastically different, just nice)
* We hit a deer on the way home last week ($6000 damage to the truck...ouch!)
* I got into the Harvest Crop at Just Scrap It with Keli. Last crop I won the Zutter machine!
HOLD THE PHONE...REWIND....Did she say she was PREGNANT?!?!?
Yes, yes I am! After a whole year of deep discussion with the hubs, we decided to take the plunge again. I am about 13 weeks and I was never this sick with my first one. Lord help me. It seems to be lessening but still comes all of a sudden at the most inopportune moments!
So those are the general happenings in a nut shell. The kids scrapbooking class starts next Thursday and I couldn't be more excited. We'll be starting out making name tags and I'll have plenty of pictures to post next week. Stay tuned!!!