Monday, December 21, 2009

CMHA and a little Christmas Craftiness

When we moved back to town I was surfing Kijiji (LOVE that little gem) and came across an ad asking for a volunteer scrapbook teacher. And I thought to myself, "Self, YOU volunteer. YOU scrapbook. YOU have 19 boxes of amazing donations that you could bless others with." So "myself and I" gave Sandy Stotz a call at the Canadian Mental Health Association. What a sweet, sweet lady. I started with them back in September and we have done some wonderful projects. Like these exploding boxes:



Now that particular creation isn't my own. The pattern I used last Mother's Day was too large to do with a big class so I lifted this pattern off this fab blog Glitter Adventure. The dimensions were perfect and not too overwhelming for a beginner. They turned out great!

CMHA also threw my profile up on their website. Check it out HERE. I'm super excited to begin our "All About Me" scrapbooks in January. Up to this point, I have taught them cards and single class projects to get everyone used to the process. In January we break out the scrapbooks!
With all the cleaning, shelf-making and organizing going on in my scrap space I think my art stuff is calling me today. Even though I have more baking to do, the elctrician coming at 4pm, children to entertain and a workout to manage. I can fit in some creativity, right? It wouldn't be a good day without it! Go have a good day! xo

2 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Hi Kate! Sending you warm winter wishes from afar! Enjoy your holidays and look me up on facebook if you are there!

sassy said...

you are one warm gal sharing all your creative-ness with Saskatoon! super Mom you are!
happy holidays!
Sass