Monday, September 20, 2010

Think Pink

I know we are not quite there yet but October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Normally, I wear a pink ribbon, donate a few dollars and call it a day. This year is just a bit different. It hit waaay too close to home for me. My good friend Amanda has her one year Survivor Anniversary on November 18th so this is her first October in this situation and we are doing it up HUGE. We have committed our time and running shoes to the CIBC Run For The Cure on October 3rd. It's been in the planning stages for months and I actually started training for it. Me. I always believed my body would never be able to run. Like ever. But losing 50 pounds has made all the difference and I have knocked out 5km a few times this summer and am really looking forward to it on October 3rd. But we can't do it without your help! If you would like to support us please check out my page on the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation website.

Thank-you for cheering on the Bandanna Bandits!!! Let's kick cancer a$$ xox

No comments: