Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The post where she drops all the names

There were SO MANY great aspects of Leica's crop this past weekend that I don't even know where to begin!!! The food was to drool for (compliments of Leica's Mum and Sis!), there were treats everywhere, the loot bag was a mountain of scrapbook lusciousness (is that a word? Well, it is now), the company at my table rocked AND there were famous chicas all over the place! So ladies...I don't give a wit if you don't consider yourself famous. If I have been stalking you, you are famous in my world and I will continue to admire you as such. And tell everyone else to do the same. So there. You can all be modest later, this is my name-dropping post as stated above.
Although I don't have all the photos to prove I was actually there yet.
But courtesy of the sweet
April, I do have a few photos of Trisha Ladouceur and I dying laughing after her class "Pint-sized paintables". I did a cute double canvas all aglow with as many colours of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist as I could get my paws on. It was a dirty good time, let me tell ya. I can't remember exactly what we were laughing at here but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my Dolly Parton sized chest as I hadn't nursed in about 12 hours at that point. Don't you just love my profile...thanks for the great nose Dad. (Insert dry sarcasm here) It's not an attractive photo...I really don't know why I am subjecting myself to staring at it like a bad train wreck but it really shows how hard I was laughing. Like squint your eyes, make three chins, all the teeth showing to the back molars laughing.
And us calming down (just a bit) and looking pretty normal...
I have to tell you how much of a RIOT this girl is...Primadonna, My Minds Eye "It girl", Tattered Angels Design Team Member, Crop and Cruise Instructor, 50% of Fire and Ice Designs, seriously the list goes on and on and what does she say? She puts on this sweet little grin and says "You're so funny, I'm just Trish." Well "Just Trish" I was so thrilled to meet you and take your class! Thank you so much!

Others I loved meeting but have no actual proof of said meeting yet were Jill Hildebrand, Amanda LePage and Corinne Braun. So I will give them their very own blog post later in the week complete with photos. Actually, I never did get a photo with Amanda or Corrine!!! Girls, I'll be stalking you extra hard at the next event...just to give you fair warning. Amanda just happens to be on the Just Cr8 Design Team and I am happily scrapping my way through their 5 week long idols contest. I have low expectations for scoring a lot of points but super HIGH expectations to come out of it with 5 layouts I love and a whole lot more inspiration. Plus, with the deadlines looming it forces me to actually sit down and work which is always good.

Almost 3am, seriously? I need to get to bed. I'll blog my little heart out again soon.

1 comment:

Trisha Ladouceur said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! You are too sweet Kate! That photo is hilarious and I am so happy to hear that you had a good time:) I did too and I am honoured that you enjoyed taking my classes as I had teaching them. And for the record, I am "Just Trish"... just a girl that followed her dream and is blessed to be able to do what she loves most... scrapbook full time and sharing her passion with gals like you!!!

Keep in touch, you were a tonne of fun and hopefully we can hook aup again one day soon! I would think that by 2010, you will be needing that cruise more than ever:)