Saturday, March 28, 2009

The post with all the STUFF

So it took me just a wee bit longer then I expected to get this stuff on the ole blog but it'll be totally worth it, I promise! I have been trying to get ready for the competition at Camp Croppin' next weekend. Very exciting, very time consuming. Another run to Costco for photos tomorrow and hopefully I can get a few more layouts done this week. All the proceeds from the Camp Croppin' layout competition goes to charity! Love those generous scrappers. But I digress...

Back to SASKATCHEWAN SCRAPS!!! Oh my, was this ever a great event. This is the second one I've attended and seriously, it just keeps getting better and better! First off, when we arrived at the table Megan and I had this mountain waiting for us. (Ok, Ok...this isn't everything. There was so much AMAZING stuff I just had to use some of it. Sorry for the partial representation, I couldn't help myself!)

Sue from Just Cr8 had given everyone at the table a gift bag, Jacqueline from Fort Mac had some goodies for us, Dawn Hueser made GORGEOUS books for everyone and Sheryl had left some vintage deliciousness! All that goodness and we hadn't even sat down yet!!!
The above is a "partial representation" (see above explanation) of the offical loot bag that the lovely Leica Forrest put together for us. There were another half dozen papers including carstock, some rubons, glimmer mist and other tidbits that were calling my name. I haaaaaad to use them! LOL

To top off all this free stuff there were also prizes and draws galore! A Canon Rebel Xsi was given away (it doesn't live with me but the drawing was exciting nonetheless!) and 6 HUGE prize baskets were drawn for. That was some serious scrap heaven there. The prizes were drool worthy for sure! Many, MANY happy ladies!

Jackie Ludlage from Canadian Scrapbooker Magazine was there (and just for the record I don't think I embarassed myself too badly when I met her) and she was giving away all kinds of amazing goodies just for answering some scap related questions. You had to be very quick on the draw for these. I picked up a package of Spellbound! The make n takes were FAB...2 cards at the Stampin' Up booth and a gorgeous tag at the CS table. What a great little addition to any gift. It really shows you how a few simple stamps and some ink can create something so sweet that a special someone would really enjoy.
Ok...so that is the "stuff" post. There is so much more to tell! Including carrying around Allison Orthner (huh?!), Jill and Leica's classes and THE WINNERS! I wasn't a winner but I know them!!! It was heart stopping excitement all the way around! Watch for more soon! ♥

No comments: