Friday, May 29, 2009

Blessings all around

K, this has been the weirdest week ever. Seriously. I made some to die for cute invitations for Samantha at the Boys and Girls Club. She asked me to whip up a few for her birthday and she is such a doll I couldn't turn her down. And then I forgot to take a photo of them for the blog. Darn. Then I gave Jelena her gift...super cute mini album of an amazing playdate we had with the kids. And I forgot to take a photo of it for the blog. Why do I have a blog again??? SIGH. I'll have to track down the projects again and snap off some blog goodness. Stay tuned.

Also this week we have had sickness upon sickness in our family. Not me though. I am the caretaker. So between laundry, doses of drugs, baby spit up and sweaty, fever ridden children hanging on me I am somewhat ready to blow this pop stand and do some scrapping with the girls tonight at the LSS.

But there is a silver lining to everything...I have met some amazing new people this week, spent time with family, baked, scrapped, cleaned and hung things on my clothesline. Yup, I am that much of a geek. I LOVE hanging stuff on my clothesline. It was the first home improvement I made the hubs do when we moved in. No kidding. So amidst all the chaos all I have to do is look out my kitchen window and see my rainbow of cloth diapers gently waving in the breeze. And then I smile. And that's all it takes. Seek joy in the simple things people!

2 comments:

Julie Cortens said...

Hey, Kate, blog looks fabulous!!!
Clothesline - yup had one in our first house and loved it. You can't beat the smell of clothes dried on the clothes line.
And we all know that kids in cloth dipers potty train way faster.

Jody said...

I'm so jealous- I've been asking my sweet hubby to put me up a clothes line. It's yet to happen. I may just have to figure it out on my own. Or bring my fresh-washed laundry over & use yours!