Monday, February 11, 2008

Dreaming of CHA

CHA. Oh CHA. Do you know what CHA is? It's the Craft and Hobby Association trade show and it is my dream. Well, my scrapbooking dream anyway. This is where the creme de la creme of the crafting world release their top secret, amazing new products to the world. Wholesalers, store owners, scrapbookers, designers, they are all there to see what's totally hot and who is up and coming. It's a crazy madhouse of out of control scrapbooking goodness. Watch out, someday I'll be there. There are tons of websites you can check out to hear about what's going on throughout the weekend. A few of my faves are the Making Memories Blog, Hambly, Scrap In Style, American Crafts, Prima, Maya Road and of course a lot of the designers are throwing a few things on their sites like Elsie Flanningan and Cheryl Mezzetti just to name a couple. BUT, the point of this post (and I do have an AMAZING point, I promise) is a great new product I just learned about. I am doing my very first clear album ever and have been surfing the net trying to find good ideas so I checked out Leica Forrest's blog (of course) and found this:

I hope the girls at Fire & Ice Designs don't mind that I lifted these pictures off their site!!! I just loved them. Read about the concept of the Build a Book...I love the idea. I'm hoping to be doing a lot more clear albums with their great tips! And who doesn't love Prima??? I think they have a wonderful thing going there. Way to go!



So don't be afraid to try new things. They may not be your regular scrap style and you may feel uncomfortable with using new lines, new products or completely new tools or adhesive but branch out! You never know where this crazy artform is going to take you! Mine is taking me to CHA. Someday.

No comments: