Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bring Back The Lost Art Of Baking

Okay ladies and gentlemen, I know you all don't usually leave comments but here is a question that requires a comment from EVERYONE (except Kel because she leaves comments faithfully every day). Who bakes? I mean really, really bakes? I'm not talkin' the occassional Christmas cookie here. I am talking cookies for the kids' lunches-sheet cake for the church picnic-truffles for a hostess gift for your boss's wife's dinner party-cinnamon buns on the weekend-baking. From scratch. At least once a week. And what is your yummiest, to-die-for recipe? Ok, those are the questions. Now here is the answer: I don't care if you haven't picked up a spatula in 8 years you NEED to make this recipe. I was surfin' around on the Scrap In Style website (where you can find me most hours of the day since the 15th!) and someone had posted a comment (several actually) about The Pioneer Woman. So I Googled her (or course) and found her site. AND I found this recipe. Oh my goodness, I can't wait to make this. I have always loved baking but hadn't been a weekly diehard until we moved. Now I am home 24/7 and I bake at least twice a week and try to make buns at least once a week. One of my hubby's friends said my buns changed his life. Yes, they are that good. Move over Martha! So a cake recipe isn't that exciting but boy this one was. Can't WAIT can't WAIT can't WAIT! Go bake something yummy for your family this weekend!!! Oh, and if you are a scrapper or a scrapper wannabe you have to check out Scrap In Style! Those women have done some serious work over there. My new favourite spot!

5 comments:

scrappaleica said...

Kate, I absolutely agree with you. I also bake all the time and make my husband homemade buns. I can't wait to check out this recipe you have linked! And yes scrap in style is awesome!!!!I actually post recipes on my blog frequently because I think baking is really a lot of fun!

Wiebe Family said...

Hey Kate, I thought that I did good today, I made a batch of mini muffins(cake mix with mini choc. chips in it) for the girls and a batch of triple chocolate chip cookies for Kris(did I mention that Kris's Mom bought me a tub of ready made cookie dough???) Hey, It's all good, who has the energy being as big as a house pregnant and chasing after 2 girls under the age of 4 to stand around and bake???? NOT ME!!!! I have good intentions to bake, but just not the time....

Kate said...

Being big as a house pregnant totally excuses you! Ready made cookie dough is sometimes a real blessing!

Kelly said...

I never bake, hate to bake but love to eat baking ... go figure :) bad for you figure too!

Angie said...

That recipie comes out of a betty crocker or a company's coming cook book..i've made it before, I think its called texas cake though. I bake all the time, maybe more than once a week, I just love it, and its great quality time with my girls.