Tuesday, May 8, 2007

This Just Should Not Be Happening

I won't be posting anything "Scrap-Related" today. What I really need is for you all to pray. Call your prayer chains, care groups, church families. We need to get every available person praying for the Thiele Family. Chris and Megan stood up for us at our wedding and now have 2 gorgeous little girls. Emily is 3 1/2 (Meg was pregnant with her at our wedding!) and Niomi is 1 1/2. Emily has just been rushed into the hospital and her doctors suspect it's cancer. She has a large tumor on her left kidney and will be having scans today to see if it's spreading and will have surgery tomorrow to remove the kidney and tumor. These are not random people we see on the news. These people are our dear, close friends. Our children play together. We pray together. And we need you to pray. Call everyone you know. Please pray for this darling little girl. Lord, keep Emily in the palm of your hand. Take away her pain and fear. Protect her and keep her. Guide her doctors hands in surgery, Lord. Help them to remove every bit of the tumor. Help her through Chemotherapy with no pain. Give them peace and relieve their heavy hearts. We all pray that you let the Thieles know that we are all praying for them. Touch them with your love Lord.

The Thiele Family Christmas 2006


My son's little girlfriends


Megan, Chris, Emily & Niomi we love you. We are praying for you. Keep the Faith. God will protect you.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I will pray today - I hope she pulls through this.
Love you
Keli

Laura said...

Kate, I will be praying and I will pass this along to our church. Please keep me informed. This is tragic and every parents nightmare. But we serve anamazing God who is MORE than able to heal!

Julie Cortens said...

Praying Kate. Lam 3:21-23 But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."
May the Lord be your portion and also Emily and her family's portion through this difficult time.
Hab 3:17-19; Matt 11:28-30; 2Co 4:16 ;2Ch 20:15 ...the battle belongs to the Lord.